A few months ago, I got together with Céline Guerreiro my new friend in France who has a podcast about child development and neuroscience. Her work aims to support "everyone who contributes to the full emotional and cognitive development of children. My goal is for every child to develop to their full potential. Montessori education is highlighted in many episodes."
The podcast is introduced in French but this episode, after the introduction, is in English.
Céline asked wonderful and insightful questions so we had a lot of fun for this episode. Some of our key topics were:
- Overview of research on Montessori
- Pillars of Montessori
- The power of observation
- Biology and experience influence development
- The absorbent mind
- The mind is made by the work of the hands/plasticity across development
- Sensitive periods and plasticity
- Critical period/language development
- Dynamic skill development: optimal/functional levels
- Eustress vs. toxic stress
- The role of choice in executive function development
- The connection between executive functions and emotional regulation
So, add this to your podcast list, relax, and enjoy. I hope its useful!