Imperfect Fine Art Display Cards
These are just like our first quality materials except there is a slight production error that made us judge them as second quality. The error may be that the colors are slightly off, the cards slightly askew, a spot or small hair in the laminate on one or more cards, and/or a slight curve to the laminate. Other than that, these are perfect and complete. Our production error means big savings for you!
These fine art cards can be used for conversation and display. These are the Fine Art Folders they teach you about in Montessori training! The breathtaking art in this collection includes the most famous paintings from Europe, the United States, and around the world (coming soon). Use them for these two essential Montessori activities (and many others):
- Conversations at a Picture: Develop the child's ability to speak intelligently, learn to express their ideas clearly and order their thoughts in a logical sequence (and, in the process, realize that their voice matters)
- Displaying the cards: Connect the child with the environment
This series features paintings by Tanner, Cassatt, Duncanson, Homer, Hopper, and Whistler. These pieces provide examples of Impressionism, the Hudson River School, and American Realism.
Europe Series 1
This series features paintings by Botticelli, Manet, Michelangelo, Raphael, Rembrandt, and Renoir. These pieces provide examples of Impressionism, the Italian Renaissance, the Dutch Golden Age, and Realism.
Europe Series 2
This series features paintings by Vermeer, Fragonard, Gauguin, Monet, Velázquez, and Da Vinci. These pieces provide examples of the Dutch Golden Age, the Late Baroque period, the Spanish Golden Age, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and the Italian Renaissance.
Europe Series 3
This series features paintings by Van Gogh, Degas, Kandinsky, Klimt, Rousseau, and Seurat. These pieces provide examples of French Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, the Abstract style, Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau movements, Primitivism, and Pointillism.
Europe Series 4
This series features paintings by El Greco, Brendekilde, Bruegel the Elder, Caillebotte, Cézanne, and David. These pieces provide examples of the Spanish Renaissance style, Social Realism, the Flemish Renaissance style, Impressionism and Realism, Post-Impressionism, and Radical Neo-Classicism.
Ideal Format for Exploration, Conversation, & Display
- Large format allows for close examination of each painting
- Fronts of the cards include one famous painting
- Backs of the cards include:
- Name of the painting
- Name of the artist
- Self-portrait, portrait, or photo of the artist
- Year(s) the painting was created
- Year the artist's portrait was created
- Materials used (e.g., oil on canvas, fresco)
- Style represented (e.g., Impressionism)
- 6 famous paintings in each series
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fits in our large cloth pouches
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Cards are fully laminated with our eco-conscious laminate (food-grade) and ready for use. Approximate card sizes are 8½" x 5½".
Created by a Montessori teacher. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Made in the USA.
The Fine Art Series
- We recommend introducing the famous paintings with these Fine Art Display Cards. Use these larger format cards to explore the details of each painting and learn about the year it was made, the artist, and the painting's style.
- Then, move on to our Fine Art Matching cards. These allow children to work with the paintings they love in a new way.
- When the children begin to write, inspire them to write about their favorite paintings using the movable alphabet, chalkboards, or pencil/paper (whatever is appropriate for that child).
- Next, when the children are reading, introduce the Fine Art 4-Part Cards where they match the painting, its name, and its artist.
- Finally, introduce the Famous Artists 3-Part Cards where they match the names of the artists with their image. This is an activity that truly grows with your children!