"Parts of" the Ant Definitions
Okay, I'm not the biggest ant fan, but at least with the "Parts of" the Ant material, I can learn about them without actually being near them. If you are one of those courageous souls who has an ant farm, you'll do the happy dance for these cards! These definition cards match the pages in the "Parts of" the Ant book, but in this card format, the children get to mix and match. They can play with phrases as if they were puzzle pieces, all while rebuilding the definitions accurately. This is hands-on learning at its best.
- Definitions for each of the 8 terms from the "Parts of" the Ant book (see photo for list); 48 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
- Definition format includes six cards for each term:
- 8 Control Cards (word & full definition on one card) (3⅔” x 4⅓”)
- 16 Word Cards (3⅔” x ¾”)
- 8 Full Definition Cards (3⅔” x 3⅜”)
- 8 First-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 1¼”)
- 8 Second-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 2¼”)
Laminated cards are ready for use. Unlaminated cards are being discontinued so what we have in stock is hugely discounted! See laminating recommendations if purchasing unlaminated cards. Created by a Montessori teacher and a zoologist. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cloth pouches sold separately.
Item #: DEFPOANT