Beginning Reading Collection
Bundle our core Beginning Reading materials together into one discounted set!
At some point, usually after a lot of practice with the movable alphabets, you'll notice that your children are starting to sound out words they see in their environment. As soon as you notice this, it's time to introduce phonetic reading!
Our goal here is to help the children realize that they can read by offering them predictable words that follow the phonetic rules of English. That limits us to about half of our language! We want to give them lots of practice at this word-based level so that they gain confidence in their ability to read and begin to develop their capacity to automatically read common words.
Here is a small collection of core materials designed specifically to support the beginning reader.
- Phonetic Reading Cards: Use the photo-only cards first for vocabulary building and sorting work with pre-readers. Then use all three parts when the children first begin to read.
- Level 1: Simplest phonetic words
- Level 2: Longer phonetic words
- Level 3 Group 1: Traditional phonograms
- Puzzle Words
- Phonetic Word Cards
- Phonetic Activity Cards
- Phonogram Lists (all/38)
- Dwyer Phonogram Folders (all)
ITEM #: BEGREAD/8