Animal Homes: Word Study
Let's play a word game... I'm thinking of animals and their homes. Bat ... cave. Beaver ... lodge. This short little game is the perfect way to introduce the children to the names of animals and their homes. Read these cards yourself to inspire these spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading non-phonetic words, set them free to play related noun matching card games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (bright yellow) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 13 pairs of matching cards; 26 cards total (including category organizers for animal and home)
- Includes a control chart so children can check their own work
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards (not chart) can be displayed in our small yellow cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75". Control chart is approximately 4.25" x 5.5"
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSANHOME