Fine Art 4-Part Cards
These cards challenge your art lovers to match famous paintings with their name and artist. The breathtaking art in this collection includes famous paintings from Europe, America, and around the world (coming soon). The four-part format includes the name of the painting as well as the name of the artist. These are not just for children! Challenge yourself or any art lover you know to complete this reading/matching activity.
Europe Series 1
This series features paintings by Botticelli, Manet, Michelangelo, Raphael, Rembrandt, and Renoir. These pieces provide examples of Impressionism, the Italian Renaissance, the Dutch Golden Age, and Realism.
Europe Series 2
This series features paintings by Vermeer, Fragonard, Gauguin, Monet, Velázquez, and Da Vinci. These pieces provide examples of the Dutch Golden Age, the Late Baroque period, the Spanish Golden Age, Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and the Italian Renaissance.
Europe Series 3
This series features paintings by Van Gogh, Degas, Kandinsky, Klimt, Rousseau, and Seurat. These pieces provide examples of French Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, the Abstract style, Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau movements, Primitivism, and Pointillism.
Europe Series 4
This series features paintings by El Greco, Brendekilde, Bruegel the Elder, Caillebotte, Cézanne, and David. These pieces provide examples of the Spanish Renaissance style, Social Realism, the Flemish Renaissance style, Impressionism and Realism, Post-Impressionism, and Radical Neo-Classicism.
This series features paintings by Tanner, Cassatt, Duncanson, Homer, Hopper, and Whistler. These pieces provide examples of Impressionism, the Hudson River School, and American Realism.
- 4-part format includes:
- A picture of the art
- The name of the painting
- The name of the artist
- Control cards (word and labels put together)
- 6 famous paintings (24 cards) in each series
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Cards are fully laminated and ready for use. Approximate card sizes are 4¼” x 5¼” (control cards), 4¼” x 3¾” (painting cards), 4¼” x 1” (painting name cards), and 4¼” x ¾” (artist name cards).
Created by a Montessori teacher. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Made in the USA.
The Fine Art Series
- We recommend introducing the famous paintings with our Fine Art Display Cards. Use those larger format cards to explore the details of each painting and learn about the year it was made, the artist, and the painting's style.
- Then, move on to our Fine Art Matching cards. These allow children to work with the paintings they love in a new way.
- When the children begin to write, inspire them to write about their favorite paintings using the movable alphabet, chalkboards, or pencil/paper (whatever is appropriate for that child).
- Next, when the children are reading, introduce these Famous Paintings 4-Part Cards where they match the painting, its name, and its artists.
- Finally, introduce the Famous Artists 3-Part Cards where they match the names of the artists with their image. This is an activity that truly grows with your children!