Home School Starter Set
$956.80 USD $799.95 USD
Do you have one or more children at home that you are educating according to the Montessori language curriculum? Like to make your own materials but want to do it well? This is the package for you. This is just enough to get you started and inspired so you and your children can keep making everything else that interests you.
We'll send you all of the products listed below fully laminated, ready to use, and accompanied by detailed lesson plans. All this plus over a 10% savings off individual prices!
You don't need everything a typical classroom teacher needs because you don't have 30 children in your environment. Instead, you need a good selection of materials to get the work going and then to inspire the children to ultimately create their own materials.
You also don't need vocabulary cards because you can use one set from the matching cards and/or just the photo-only card from the 3-part cards until the children begin reading. In large classrooms, you'll want the vocabulary cards out at the same time as the 3-part cards (so the young ones and the older ones might work on the same topic). In home schools, you can rotate.
Our Home School Starter Set includes:
- Muriel Dwyer's booklet: A Path for the Exploration of Any Language
- Our digital e-book on Setting up the Language Area
- Geography Cards-Series 1 plus folders: Use this first collection as a foundation but don't stop there. Encourage the children to use magazines, calendars and the internet to create more scenes from around the world based on their interests (but always be sure to present parallel images from all continents using Series 1 as a guide).
- Matching Cards: Use these for vocabulary building, sorting, matching, and sorting/matching word. We recommend the following five sets; but you can choose the titles that best meet the interests of your children (type in your preference in the notes when you place the order):
- Movable Alphabets: We recommend that you use cursive but match the font to your sandpaper letters.
- Phonetic Reading Cards: Use the photo-only cards first for vocabulary building and sorting work with pre-readers. Then use all three parts when the children first begin to read.
- Puzzle Words
- 3-Part Reading Classification Cards: Use the photo-only cards first for vocabulary building and sorting work with pre-readers. Then, use all three parts when the children are moving beyond phonetic reading.
- Farm Animals (Adult)
- Farm Animals (Juvenile)
- Zoology: Plant Kingdom
- Zoology: Vertebrates Starter Set
- Function of Words/Grammar Set
- Book, 3-Part Card, & Definition Card Sets
ITEM #: HOMSCHSTART
In addition (not part of the Maitri Learning collection) to what is included above, you will also need a few other items to make your Montessori language program complete:
- Sandpaper letters (we recommend cursive)
- Metal insets
- Dwyer Phonogram Folders (we recommend that you make these following the instructions in Ms. Dwyer's A Path for the Exploration of Any Language; the words in the Nienhuis set lean British)
There are also many additional items to make. You can find out more about the language program by reading the following books:
- Montessori Read & Write: A Parent's Guide to Literacy for Children by Lynne Lawrence
And most of all, you'll need paper, pencils, scissors, an appropriate stapler, tape, a hole punch, and all kinds of other craft supplies so that your children can make their own language materials and books!