Imperfect Parts of the Katydid 3-Part Reading
$19.95 USD $11.00 USD
Yes, a katydid is just like a grasshopper. This particular model jumped onto my desk one day when I had left the screen door open (it was so lovely out). I didn't even know she wasn't a grasshopper until I analyzed the photos after returning her to the great outdoors. Then, my zoologist friend confirmed she was a katydid with an ovipositor loaded full of eggs. These cards let you examine her fascinating anatomy without the risk of her jumping away.
- 3-part format includes photos, labels, and control cards (word and label put together)
- Cards for the whole katydid and each of its key parts (see photo for list); 30 cards total
- Fully laminated and ready to use
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
These can be beautifully displayed in our 3-pocket cloth pouches (sold separately).
Approximate card sizes are 3¾” x 4¼” (control cards), 3¾“ x 3” (photo cards), and 3¾” x 1¼” (word cards).
Created by a Montessori teacher and a zoologist. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Made in the USA.
Item #: POKATYD