"Parts of" the Flower Definitions (Dicot & Monocot)
SALE! Available for a limited time only: These definition cards match the pages in the "Parts of" the Flower books (Dicot & Monocot), but in this card format, the children get to mix and match. They can play with phrases as if they were puzzle pieces, all while rebuilding the definitions accurately. This is hands-on learning at its best. Defined terms include all of the terms for a monocot and a dicot: flower (dicot), flower (monocot), calyx, corolla, petal, perianth (dicot), perianth (monocot), pistil, sepal, stamens, stem, and tepal (a petal-like structure in monocots that functions as both a petal and a sepal).
- Definitions for each of the 12 terms from the "Parts of" the Monocot and Dicot books (see photo for list); 72 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
- Definition format includes six cards for each term:
- 12 Control Cards (word & full definition on one card) (3⅔” x 4⅓”)
- 24 Word Cards (3⅔” x ¾”)
- 12 Full Definition Cards (3⅔” x 3⅜”)
- 12 First-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 1¼”)
- 12 Second-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 2¼”)
Note: There are no photos in this packet. Purchase the "Parts of" 3-Part Cards and the "Parts of" Book for a complete learning activity.
Laminated cards are ready for use. See laminating recommendations if purchasing unlaminated cards. Created by a Montessori teacher and a zoologist. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cloth pouches sold separately.
Item #: DEFFLOWER