Phonogram Lists PDF Download
Want to make your own Montessori materials? All you need is a color printer, cardstock, and scissors to put these phonogram lists into use! If you'd rather not make them, you can purchase them already made and ready to use.
These lists are a great way to inspire movable alphabet work and help children refine their growing understanding of spelling. Each card features a single phonogram that match those in the green sandpaper letters and/or phonogram reading folders. Children read the words on a chosen list and notice the sound/phonogram that all the words share. Then, to extend the work, children turn the list over, and try to write as many words as they can remember with the movable alphabet. This is also great two-person work where one child dictates words while the other child spells them. The list then works as a control so children can check work independently.
Choose from two separate PDFs or buy the set. Each PDF includes clear instructions on how to make these yourself, a cutting template, the lists themselves, and a lesson plan.
- Group 1: Traditional Phonograms (based on the green sandpaper letters)
- Includes 17 lists
- Each list features one of the following phonograms: ai (snail), ar (yarn), au (astronaut), ch (chip), ee (feet), er (helicopter), ie (pie), ng (ring), oa (toast), oo (book), or (corn), ou (cloud), oy (boy), qu (quilt), sh (cash), th (moth), ue (blue)
- Group 2: Common Phonograms
- Includes 21 lists
- Each card features one of the following phonograms: a-e (grapes), aw (hawk) ay (crayons), ce (dice), ci (pencil), ea (peacock), ge (gerbil), gi (giraffe), i-e (bike), ie (collie), igh (lightning), ir (girl), o-e (cone), oi (toilet), oo (balloon), ow (crown), ow (pillow), ph (dolphin), u-e (computer), y (puppy), y (fly)
- Set: All 38 phonograms (both Group 1 and Group 2)
Start these after children have success with reading our Phonogram Reading Cards.
Created by a Montessori teacher.
After your purchase is processed, you will receive a separate email with the download link. Orders are processed promptly.
Need more than one for your whole school/community? Choose our License options (below) to save over 30% (for 10 licenses) or nearly 50% (for 20 licenses). Need more? Contact us.
If you purchase a single license, you can print the file as often as you like for your own personal/classroom use (not for resale) but you are not free to share the electronic file with others.
If you purchase a 10 license download, the original purchaser can share the electronic file with 10 individuals (including themselves) or print it for use in 10 different locations. The original purchaser is not free to share it with more than 10 people (including themselves). The people the file is shared with are not free to share it with anyone else.
If you purchase a 20 license download, the original purchaser can share the electronic file with 20 individuals (including themselves) or print it for use in 20 different locations. The original purchaser is not free to share it with more than 20 people (including themselves). The people the file is shared with are not free to share it with anyone else.
Item #: PHLIST-DIG