Reading Comprehension Collection
Bundle our core Reading Comprehension materials together into one discounted set!
After children are strong readers at the word level (see our beginning reading materials), they are ready to go deep in to the complexities of language. In addition to reading fiction (make sure you schedule weekly trips to your local library to feed their reading appetite), they also will want to move onto phrases, scientific terms, zoological classifications, and more. This is where you can really guide and encourage them to develop their interests into fields of inquiry.
This may happen anywhere from age 5 to 9 but age ranges are highly variable and in Montessori, we follow the child, not their birth date. Here is a collection of core materials designed specifically to support reading comprehension in emerging readers.
- 3-Part Classification Cards (We recommend the following but choose any ten that match your child's interests)
- Orchestral Musical instruments
- World Landmarks
- Carnivores, Herbivores, & Omnivores
- Plant Kingdom/Animal Kingdom
- Fine Art 3-Part Cards
- Function of Words/Grammar Set
- Word Study Set
- Spelling Movable Alphabets:
- Book & Card Sets (3-Part Cards, Advanced Vocabulary Cards, Books, & Definition Cards)
- Land & Water 1: Basic forms
- Leaf Shapes: Traditional botany cabinet
- Parts of the Vertebrate Set (Bird, Fish, Frog, Horse, & Turtle)
- Parts of the Invertebrate Set (Butterfly, Lobster, Snail, Spider, Starfish)
- Parts of Botany Set (Tree, Leaf, Monocot Flower, Dicot Flower)
- Pouches to display packets in as you rotate them through your environment
- 3-part card pouches (set/8 brights)
- All-in-one Definition Card Pouches (set/5 earth tones)