These are unlike any other books you've read with your children before. We worked with teacher trainers, expert Montessorians, a zoologist, and botanical expert to make sure these books were perfect in every way. Here are some of the unexpected features:
- When you open each book, you arrive directly at the content; the copyright and ISBN information appear only on the outside back cover
- The left-hand page features only one clear photo that isolates it's topic
- The right-hand facing page features a clear definition of the featured photo with the term printed in red
- The pages are 4¼” x 5¼”, the perfect size for children's hands
- Tight, spiral binding lets the books lay flat when open...so children can work with them freely
- Comes with a free lesson plan
When it comes to teaching concepts of biology and evolution, there is nothing better because we present parallel construction for each species. For example, not all vertebrates have ears, but we all have sound sensory organs (sometimes a tympanum). And while fish don't have arms and legs, they do have pelvic and anal fins (just where our arms and legs are). This format truly helps children find the similarities and unique features of groups of living things.