These lists are a great way to inspire movable alphabet work and help children refine their growing understanding of spelling. Each card features a single phonogram that match those in the green sandpaper letters and/or Dwyer reading folders. Children read the words on a chosen list and notice the sound/phonogram that all the words share. Then, to extend the work, children turn the list over, and try to write as many words as they can remember with the movable alphabet. This is also great two-person work where one child dictates words while the other child spells them. The list then works as a control so children can check work independently.
Choose from two packets or buy the set.
- Group 1: Traditional Phonograms (based on the green sandpaper letters)
- Includes 16 lists
- Each list features one of the following phonograms: ai (snail), ar (yarn), ch (chip), ee (feet), er (helicopter), ie (pie), ng (ring), oa (toast), oo (book), or (corn), ou (cloud), oy (boy), qu (quilt), sh (cash), th (moth), ue (blue)
- Group 2: Common Phonograms
- Includes 22 lists
- Each card features one of the following phonograms: a-e (grapes), au (astronaut), aw (hawk) ay (crayons), ce (dice), ci (pencil), ea (peacock), ge (gerbil), gi (giraffe), i-e (bike), ie (collie), igh (lightning), ir (girl), o-e (cone), oi (toilet), oo (balloon), ow (crown), ow (pillow), ph (dolphin), u-e (computer), y (puppy), y (fly)
- Set: All 38 phonograms (both Group 1 and Group 2)
Our phonogram lists have the following features:
- Representative image in the top left of each card
- List of 12 words in each list
- Fully laminated with rounded corners
- Cards are approx. 4¼” x 5 1/2"
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Start these after children have success with reading our Phonogram Reading Cards.
Created by a Montessori teacher and eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.