Contractions: Word Study
What happens when you squish two words together to make a new, shorter word? Contractions! Read these cards yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading, set them free to play contraction card matching games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (salmon) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 12 pairs of matching cards; 24 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Cards can be displayed in our small berry cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Fully laminated
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSCONTR