Animal Groups: Word Study
Let's play a word game... I'm thinking of animals and their groups. A flock of ... birds. A school of ... fish. This short little game is the perfect way to introduce the children to the names of animals and their groups. Read these cards yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading non-phonetic words, set them free to play related noun matching card games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (deep yellow) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 13 pairs of matching cards; 26 cards total (including category organizers for animal and group)
- Includes a control chart so children can check their own work
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards (not chart) can be displayed in our small yellow cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75". Control chart is approximately 4.25" x 5.5"
Also sold as part of a complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or what a short video lesson.
Item #: WSANGRP