Animals and Their Young
Let's play a word game... I'm thinking of animals and their babies. Dog...puppy. Cat...kitten. This short little game is the perfect way to introduce the children to the names of common animals and their young. Read these cards yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading non-phonetic words, set them free to play related noun matching card games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to lay out cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (light yellow) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 13 pairs of matching cards; 26 cards total (including category organizers for animal and young)
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards (not chart) can be displayed in our small yellow cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
Made in the USA.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson below.
Item #: WSANYNG