Artists 3-Part Reading
Now you can see up close and personal the artists who have made some of the most famous pieces of art in the world. These cards feature self-portraits, portraits, or photographs of the artists who created the art in our Fine Art Cards series. Yes!3-Part Reading Format
- 3-part format includes photos, labels, and control cards (word and label put together)
- Six artists featured per series (18 cards/packet)
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
These can be beautifully displayed in our 3-pocket cloth pouches (sold separately).
Cards are fully laminated and ready for use. Approximate card sizes are 3¾” x 4¼” (control cards with the artist's image and name), 3¾“ x 3” (image cards), and 3¾” x 1¼” (name cards).
Created by a Montessori teacher. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Made in the USA.
The Fine Art Series
- We recommend introducing the artwork made by these artists with our Fine Art Display Cards. Use those larger format cards to explore the details of each piece of art and learn about the year it was made, the artist, and the art's style.
- Then, move on to our Fine Art Matching cards. These allow children to work with the artwork they love in a new way.
- When the children begin to write, inspire them to write about their favorite piece of art using the movable alphabet, chalkboards, or pencil/paper (whatever is appropriate for that child).
- Once the children are reading non-phonetic words, introduce the 3-Part Fine Art Cards. Then, move on with these 3-Part Artist Cards where they match the names of the artists with their image.
- Finally, after the children succeed with the 3-Part Fine Art cards, introduce the Fine Art 4-Part Cards where they match the artwork, its name, and its artists. This is an activity that truly grows with your children!
This series features the artists Tanner, Cassatt, Duncanson, Homer, Hopper, and Whistler.
Europe Series 1
This series features the artists Botticelli, Manet, Michelangelo, Raphael, Rembrandt, and Renoir.
Europe Series 2
This series features the artists Vermeer, Fragonard, Gauguin, Monet, Velázquez, and Da Vinci.
Europe Series 3
This series features the artists Van Gogh, Degas, Kandinsky, Klimt, Rousseau, and Seurat.
Europe Series 4
This series features the artists El Greco, Brendekilde, Bruegel the Elder, Caillebotte, Cézanne, and David.
Note: The World series is not available as 3-part artist cards because it includes art made by groups; an individual artist is not known for each artwork.ITEM NUMBERS: