Spelling can make such a difference...just think of the sound-alikes bare and bear. Children love to play with word meaning and these cards let them do just that while they practice their spelling. Once the children start reading, set them free to play homonym card games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to lay out cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (peach) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 12 pairs of matching cards; 24 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards can be displayed in our small peach cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Prefer to craft these yourself? Purchase our Homonyms PDF and print and cut your own.
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
Made in the USA.
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson below on compound words, an activity that follows a similar format.
Item #: WSHOMN