Synonyms: Word Study
Cold or frigid. Happy or joyful. Splendid or marvelous. No two things are exactly alike...but they sure can be similar! That's what synonyms are all about: finding another, more interesting way to say something. Read these yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading, set them free to play synonym card games.
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (chartreuse) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 12 pairs of matching cards; 24 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Can be displayed in our small chartreuse cloth pouch
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSSYN