Traditional Movable Alphabet
Are your children able to hear all of the sounds in words when you play the Sound Game? Do they know their pink, blue, and green sandpaper letters? Can they tell you little stories/give you news about their life, their interests? Then it's time for movable alphabet work!
- Choose from any of our three Montessori fonts (to match your sandpaper letters)
- Fully laminated with rounded corners (to acknowledge the tactile sensitivities of those small hands)
- Cards are approx. 1.25"W x 2"H and are eco-printed on only one-side (to isolate the difficulty)
- Includes 20 of each vowel, 20 each of the high frequency consonants n, r, s, and t, and 10 each of all other consonants...plenty of letters to write everything they like!
- Consonants are pink and vowels are blue to match the sandpaper letters
- Comes with a powerful lesson plan that will bring the alphabet work to life
- Pair this with our Phonogram Alphabet (sold separately) so your child can choose from all of the key sounds of English
Fits into an egg-carton or the craft box we offer (sold separately; ships to US addresses only).
This is a classic Montessori material designed to help children reproduce words with symbols even before their hands can manage a pencil. With a selection of letters before them, children do not need to sort through their entire memory of written symbols (which include numbers and graphical representations) to find what they seek. With just 26 letters to choose from, their possibility of phonetically spelling the word they have in mind increases dramatically. Thus, we can give children a gradual, gentle path to follow as they learn to create words. They can take baby steps, build on their success, and build their confidence along the way.
Created by a Montessori teacher. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Item #: MATR