Word Study Spelling Charts
Inspire your spoken language games and movable alphabet work with these charts! These charts offer a whole new round of word study vocabulary ideally suited for memory, spelling, and dictation games. Read these charts to yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, use them to extend the work the children began with the Word Study Cards.
When two children are working together, one child can read a word on the chart while the other child tries to spell it with the movable alphabet or chalkboard. Children then use the chart to check their own work. When one child is working alone, they cover half of the card (e.g., animal homes) and have to remember what is missing before writing it down.
- 21 charts in all (12 carefully chosen words per chart)
- Animals and their groups
- Animals and their homes
- Animals and their young
- Antonyms 1 (e.g., before, after)
- Antonyms 2 (e.g., attack, defend)
- Compound words
- Masculine and feminine (humans)
- Plurals: Set/7
- -s (e.g., lollipop, lollipops)
- -es (e.g., kiss, kisses)
- -y to -ies (e.g,. baby, babies)
- -f to -ves (e.g., wolf, wolves)
- -us to -i (e.g., octopus, octopi)
- irregular (e.g., person, people)
- identical (e.g., sheep, sheep)
- Word families: Set/4
- -fish- (e.g., fishing, goldfish)
- -place- (e.g., fireplace, replace)
- -play- (e.g., display, playful)
- -wood- (e.g., redwood, woodpecker)
- Color-coding on each card corresponds with other word study materials
- One blank card in each packet for partially covering each chart (so children can write words from memory)
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage (take it out of the bag to display on the shelves)
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Charts are approximately 4.25" x 5.5".
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSCHRT