Spanish Movable Alphabet
Write your heart out in Spanish! This includes everything you find in our traditional Movable Alphabets plus 10 of the Spanish ñ, 10 of the dots for above the u (diaeresis), and 20 accent marks. This is a great material for Spanish immersion, bilingual classrooms, and specialist teachers.
- Comes in print or cursive so you can match your sandpaper letters
- Fully laminated
- 20 of each vowel
- 20 of the high frequency consonants n, r, s, and t
- 10 of all other consonants including 10 ñ
- 20 blue accents
- 10 blue diaeresis (dots for above the u/umlauts)
- Rounded corners to acknowledge the tactile sensitivities of those small hands
- Comes with an inspiring lesson plan that will bring the alphabet work to life
- Store this in egg-cartons or a craft box (see below); box not included
Cards are approx. 1.25" wide x 2" high. Accent marks and diaeresis are approximately .6" high.
Choose cursive or print from the Options drop-down menu.
If you prefer to craft these yourself, you can purchase our PDF download ready to print and cut.
Made in the USA.
Item #: SPMATR
Egg Cartons: These alphabets can be stored and displayed in egg cartons. We recommend placing two plastic cartons (one 18-egg carton and one 12-egg carton) side-by-side and hot gluing the bottoms to a piece of foam board or chipboard. Use the lids to help keep the dust off when the alphabets are not in use.
Craft Box: We like the 40-compartment box available from the Container Store because it has a transparent lid that helps keep the dust out without hiding the letters. Another alternative is a velvet 30 compartment jewelry box (like this one we found on Amazon). We tested it in a public school Montessori classroom it held up well...the children loved to touch its soft sides.
Helpful hint: Whenever you start work with any movable alphabet, remember that the first lesson is how to carry the box, take letters out, and put them back in. Don't be afraid to practice doing this many times before you write a single word.