Home School Collection
$2,100.35 USD $1,799.95 USD
Do you have one or more children at home that you are educating according to the Montessori language curriculum? Then this package is for you. We'll send you all of the products listed below fully laminated, ready to use, and accompanied by detailed lesson plans. All this plus over a 10% savings off individual prices!
You don't need everything a typical classroom teacher needs because you don't have 30 children in your environment. Instead, you need a good selection of materials to get the work going and then to inspire the children to ultimately create their own materials. This collection is a great way to get them started.
You also don't need vocabulary cards because you can use the photo-only card from the 3-part cards on their own until the children begin reading. In large classrooms, you'll want the vocabulary cards out at the same time as the 3-part cards (so the young ones and the older ones might work on the same topic). In home schools, you can rotate.
- Muriel Dwyer's booklet: A Path for the Exploration of Any Language
- Our digital e-book on Setting up the Language Area
- Geography Cards-Series 1 plus folders: Use this first collection as a foundation but don't stop there. Encourage the children to use magazines, calendars and the internet to create more scenes from around the world based on their interests (but always be sure to present parallel images from all continents using Series 1 as a guide).
- Matching Cards: Use these for vocabulary building, sorting, matching, and sorting/matching word. We recommend the following five sets; but you can choose the titles that best meet the interests of your children (type in your preference in the notes when you place the order):
- Movable Alphabets: We recommend that you use cursive for the traditional and phonogram alphabets and then print for the red and black alphabets (which you start using when the child begins reading).
- Phonetic Reading Cards: Use the photo-only cards first for vocabulary building and sorting work with pre-readers. Then use all three parts when the children first begin to read.
- Level 1: Simplest phonetic words
- Level 2: Longer phonetic words
- Level 3 Group 1: Traditional phonograms
- Puzzle Words
- 3-Part Reading Classification Cards: Use the photo-only cards first for vocabulary building and sorting work with pre-readers. Then, use all three parts when the children are moving beyond phonetic reading.
- Farm Animals (Adult)
- Farm Animals (Juvenile)
- Zoology Set
- Function of Words/Grammar Set
- Book, 3-Part Card, & Definition Card Sets
- Land & Water 1: Basic forms
- Land & Water 2: Advanced forms
- Leaf Shapes: Traditional botany cabinet
- Vertebrates Set
- Invertebrates Set
- Botany Set
- Pouches to display packets in as you rotate them through your environment
ITEM #: HOMSCHALL
In addition (not part of the Maitri Learning collection) to what is included above, you will also need a few other items to make your Montessori language program complete:
- Sandpaper letters (we recommend cursive); (If you'd like to make these yourself, you can purchase our Sandpaper Letter Template PDF download):
- Metal insets
- Dwyer Phonogram Folders (we recommend that you make these following the instructions in Ms. Dwyer's A Path for the Exploration of Any Language; the words in the Nienhuis set lean British)
There are also many additional items to make. You can find out more about the language program by reading the following books:
- Montessori Read & Write: A Parent's Guide to Literacy for Children by Lynne Lawrence
And most of all, you'll need paper, pencils, scissors, an appropriate stapler, tape, a hole punch, and all kinds of other craft supplies so that your children can make their own language materials and books!