New Video lesson plansIn the Learning Center
Fish 3-Part Reading
It's like having your own personal aquarium that you can spread out on the rug and truly explore. These cards show you that fish are not always what you expect...think about the lamprey eel. Have you ever seen the suckers on that mouth? You'll only find that on a jawless fish. Or what about sharks? Those are cartilaginous fish while the little clown fish we all love is a bony fish. These cards include examples from all the major groups of this zoological class.
- 3-part format includes photos, labels, and control cards (word and label put together); 36 cards total
- 12 species that children might actually encounter and that show the diversity of the zoological class
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan & description of the zoological group included
- Zoology chart can be downloaded for free
PS: You don’t have to memorize all this, a detailed reference describing the characteristics of the class is included with the packet.
This set is perfect to put on the shelves after a trip to the beach or aquarium; give them the chance to put their new knowledge to work!
These can be beautifully displayed in our 3-pocket cloth pouches (sold separately).
Laminated cards are ready for use. See laminating recommendations if purchasing unlaminated cards.
Approximate card sizes are 3¾” x 4¼” (control cards), 3¾“ x 3” (photo cards), and 3¾” x 1¼” (word cards).
Created by a Montessori teacher and a zoologist. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office.
Made in the USA.
NOTE: We are discontinuing our unlaminated card packets and sets.
Item #: ZFISH