What is it like to grow up in a famous Montessori family and then work in a best-in-class Montessori school for 25 years? You can learn all the ins and outs in Paula's new book, The Montessori Potential, which is coming out in a few weeks.
Paula and I had a fantastic talk recently getting into what Montessori theory looks like in real life both at home (parenting) and in schools (teaching). This video is the first in the series recording that conversation. In this first in the series video, we talk about:
- Growing up as a Lillard (yes, she's Angelline's baby sister and Paula Polk Lillard's daughter)
- What does it really mean to be "Montessori" and do we have a branding problem?
- How did she evolve as a Montessori leader and author?
- How does observation influence our work as parents and educators?
- Common mistakes that parents make in understanding what our children are really showing us
Stay tuned for more installments!