Black Movable Alphabet
Ready to move one step away from the traditional movable alphabet? This black alphabet is just what you need. You can use it on its own but it is awesome when used in combination with our phonogram alphabet or our red alphabet. This is the easiest and clearest way for children to begin to work with phonogram families and word study.
- Comes in two fonts so you can match your sandpaper letters
- Rounded corners to acknowledge the tactile sensitivities of those small hands
- Fully laminated
- Fits into egg-cartons or the craft box we offer (sold separately; ships to US addresses only)
- Includes 10 of each consonant, 20 of each vowel and high frequency letter (r, s, t, n), and 10 apostrophe's (for contraction work)
- Comes with a fantastic lesson plan that will bring the alphabet work to life
This is a classic Montessori material designed to help children reproduce words with symbols even before their hands can manage a pencil. With a selection of letters before them, children do not need to sort through their entire memory of written symbols (which include numbers and graphical representations) to find what they seek. With just 26 (or you can put out fewer) letters to choose from, their possibility of phonetically spelling the word they have in mind increases dramatically. Thus, we can give children a gradual, gentle path to follow as they learn to create words. They can take baby steps, build on their success, and build their confidence along the way.
Cards are approx. 1.25" wide x 2" high.
READ THE LESSON PLANS
- Using the Black Alphabet with the Green Phonogram Alphabet
- Using the Black Alphabet with the Red Alphabet
Item #: MABL