Antonyms: Word Study
Deep and shallow. Hot and cold. Skinny and pudgy. Children love to play with opposites/antonyms and these cards let them do just that. Read these yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading non-phonetic words, set them free to play antonym card games.
We offer two packets so you can rotate the work to keep interest alive.
- Group 1 focuses on physical comparatives (like shallow/deep, hot/cold)
- Group 2 targets states of being (like awake/asleep, young/old).
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (teal) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 12 pairs of matching cards; 24 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards can be displayed in our small teal cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSANT