Parts of the Flag Definitions
My son went through a time when almost every week he made a new flag that represented him and/or his friends. His flag had great symbols like fire, deer, and dragons in all kinds of configurations and colors. When your children start making flags, it's time to teach them what flags are all about! These definition cards match the pages in the "Parts of" the Flag book, but in this card format, the children get to mix and match. They can play with phrases as if they were puzzle pieces, all while rebuilding the definitions accurately. This is hands-on learning at its best.
- Definitions for each of the 10 terms from the "Parts of" the Flag book (see photo for list); 60 cards total
- Laminated and ready to use
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
- Definition format includes six cards for each term; 60 cards total:
- 10 Control Cards (word & full definition on one card) (3⅔” x 4⅓”)
- 20 Word Cards (3⅔” x ¾”)
- 10 Full Definition Cards (3⅔” x 3⅜”)
- 10 First-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 1¼”)
- 10 Second-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 2¼”)
Note: There are no photos in this packet. Purchase the "Parts of" 3-Part Cards and the "Parts of" Book for a complete learning activity.
Created by a Montessori teacher. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cloth pouches sold separately.
Made in the USA.
Item #: DEFPOFLAG