Phonogram Lists Digital
Want to craft your own materials? This secure PDF (a .PDC file) lets you print and cut your own cards!
These lists are a great way to inspire movable alphabet work and help children refine their growing understanding of spelling. Each card features a single phonogram that match those in the green sandpaper letters and/or phonogram reading folders. Children read the words on a chosen list and notice the sound/phonogram that all the words share. Then, to extend the work, children turn the list over, and try to write as many words as they can remember with the movable alphabet.
This is also great two-person work where one child dictates words while the other child spells them. The list then works as a control so children can check work independently.
Choose from two separate digital files. Each PDF includes clear instructions on how to make these yourself, a cutting template, the lists themselves, and a lesson plan.
- Group 1: Traditional Phonograms (based on the green sandpaper letters)
- Includes 17 lists
- Each list features one of the following phonograms: ai (snail), ar (yarn), au (astronaut), ch (chip), ee (feet), er (helicopter), ie (pie), ng (ring), oa (toast), oo (book), or (corn), ou (cloud), oy (boy), qu (quilt), sh (cash), th (moth), ue (blue)
- Group 2: Common Phonograms
- Includes 21 lists
- Each card features one of the following phonograms: a-e (grapes), aw (hawk) ay (crayons), ce (dice), ci (pencil), ea (peacock), ge (gerbil), gi (giraffe), i-e (bike), ie (collie), igh (lightning), ir (girl), o-e (cone), oi (toilet), oo (balloon), ow (crown), ow (pillow), ph (dolphin), u-e (computer), y (puppy), y (fly)
Start these after children have success with reading our Phonogram Reading Cards.
If you prefer, you can purchase these lists already made and ready to use.
How Maitri Digital Works
You can view and print this file for your own personal use using secure software (the LockLizard PDF viewer). Here’s how it works when you purchase this product:
- Immediately receive an email with a link to download the secure PDF file (a .PDC document).
- Within one business day, receive an email with links to (1) install the software required to use the PDC file and (2) activate your license.
- Install the software, activate your license, and view/print your PDC file.
We’ve tested this on our devices, so we know from personal experience that the software is easy and quick to install and the viewer works just like you’d expect a PDF viewer to work. For more information, you can watch this video on how to open a PDC file.
You can activate your license on up to two Mac, Windows, iOS, or Android devices (e.g., your laptop and phone) but you can only print the files from a Mac or Windows PC. Once the software is installed and your files are downloaded, you can view and print the PDC files offline.
Click here to see all the details on our Digital Support page.
Your purchase gives you license to view and print your PDC file for your personal use. You do not have license to copy, sell, or in anyway distribute/share the printed product or the file itself.