Aprons & Mats
To come up with our perfect apron and mat design, we spoke with over one hundred experienced Montessorians, Montessori teacher trainers, and Montessori children. (You can read all about it in our blog post on Apron Design.)
Our aprons include the following key features:
- Soft elastic at the neck to fit over heads and hairstyles of any size
- Beautiful fabrics that are washable and come in a variety of colors (for color-coding)
- Matching table/floor mats that use the same fabrics as our aprons (for perfect color-coordination)
- Tie aprons with ties long enough to tie in the back or the front
- Hook and loop (like velcro but stronger) aprons where the velcro is:
- Sewn close to the center front of the apron so that the child can see where they are attaching it
- Longer on one side to allow for an adjustable fit that gets around smaller and larger children
Our cloth aprons are 100% cotton while the rest of our aprons are water-resistant laminated cotton or natural cork.
Note: All of our products meet or exceed CPSIA standards.