Compound Words: Word Study
Here are examples of language magic... when you put the word fly after the word fire, you get a whole new creature! Read these cards yourself to inspire your spoken language games. Then, once the children start reading, set them free to play compound word matching card games. Sit back and wait to see what they come up with. This is a wonderful, self-correcting work for one or more children to play. Extend the work by adding the red and black movable alphabets so children can test their own spelling and memory abilities...this is particularly fun for two children to do together (one plays scribe and the other gives dictation).
- Right-left format makes it easy to layout cards in columns for matching
- Color-coded (grey) to distinguish these cards from other word study materials
- 12 pairs of matching cards; 24 cards total
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Fully laminated
- Cards can be displayed in our small grey cloth pouch
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
Created by a Montessori teacher with help and guidance from Montessori teachers and teacher trainers. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Movable alphabets sold separately. Cards are approximately 2.75" x 1.75".
These are also available as part of our complete Word Study Card Set.
READ THE LESSON PLAN or watch a short video lesson.
Item #: WSCOMP