Parts of the Flower (Dicot) Definitions
These definition cards match the pages in the "Parts of" the Dicot Flower book, but in this card format, the children get to mix and match. They can play with phrases as if they were puzzle pieces, all while rebuilding the definitions accurately. This is hands-on learning at its best. Defined terms include all of the terms for a dicot: flower (dicot), calyx, corolla, perianth, petal, pistil, sepal, stamens, and stem.
- Definitions for each of the 9 terms from the "Parts of" the Dicot book (see photo for list); 54 cards total
- Laminated and ready to use
- Rounded corners (no pricked fingers or dog-eared cards)
- Comes in a sturdy, clear reclosable bag for storage
- Lesson plan included
- Definition format includes six cards for each term:
- 9 Control Cards (word & full definition on one card) (3⅔” x 4⅓”)
- 18 Word Cards (3⅔” x ¾”)
- 9 Full Definition Cards (3⅔” x 3⅜”)
- 9 First-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 1¼”)
- 9 Second-half Definition Cards (3⅔” x 2¼”)
Created by a Montessori teacher and a zoologist. Eco-printed by parents/teachers/students in our rural New England office. Cloth pouches sold separately.
Made in the USA.
Item #: DEFPODICT
NOTE: This packet replaces the Dicot definitions formerly included in the "Parts of" the Flower definitions packet.